Utah Pointing Labs guarantees our puppies to be free of hip dysphasia and eye CERF defects up to 28 months of age. If for some reason a dog produced by Utah Pointing Labs happens to have an issue with these genetic defects that does not pass at at least fair on the hips or is not able to get a clear eye cerf the dog will be replaced with an eight week or older puppy from another breeding. 1. The dog’s hips should be x-rayed between 24 and 28 months of age by an approved veterinarian, and x-rays sent to O.F.A. to be examined. (Dogs over 28 months of age are not covered under this guarantee). Dogs/Puppies under the age of Two (2) are not covered.
2. If the dog was certified to be dysplastic, the owner must submit proof in writing from O.F.A. (a copy of O.F.A.’s certification) and from a veterinarian that the dog has been spayed or neutered. Utah Pointing Labs will also be able to access any vet records of injuries occurring prior to 2 years of age. (Micro Chip number must be present on written documents. )
3. The dog must not be used for breeding until x-rayed and approved by O.F.A. If the dog is used for breeding or has been bred before being approved by O.F.A., guarantee is VOID.
4. The dog must have its eyes examined by 18 months of age by a certified veterinary ophthalmologist. The ophthalmologist must state in writing that the defect is definitely of a hereditary nature and not caused by injury or illness. (Micro Chip number must be present on written document.) Dogs over 18 months are not covered under this guarantee.
5. Utah Pointing Labs will guarantee that we will not produce an effected (positive) dog with EIC, CNM, or PRA
6. We will not guarantee a dog that has been transferred to a second owner. Utah Pointing Labs may also for any conditions, refuse a new owner requesting dog replacement if we feel something is not right or unclear with the information dog's owner is providing.